News from TaxMama’s® EA Exam Course
- Current EAs, you cannot renew your EA card right now.
- New EAs, you cannot apply for a new EA designation right now.
- IRS has pulled all the forms while they decide on how much the new annual fee will be.
- FTC rules regarding NOT collecting a retainer for tax debt resolution work goes into effect on October 27, 2010.
- We are still waiting for clarification from the FTC regarding Enrolled Agents and retainers. For now…
- NAEA reports that if you advertise (including via website) and all your contact is by phone – you cannot collect a retainer.
- If you meet with the client face-to-face and sign the contract in person, the rules might not apply to you.
- Simply calling IRS in another state will not be considered interstate commerce
TaxMama’s® EA Class News
WHAT STUDENTS SAY
Wow, our list of people passing parts of the exam is growing and growing.
So is the list of candidates who have passed all parts – even though we’re still teaching Part 3.
I just took part 2 of the exam and I passed!
Your EA exam review material is out standing.
You are the “BEST” TaxMama.
2 down and 1 more to go!
I did it! I just passed part 2 which was my final exam.
Thanks to you I passed all three on my first try and I was so well prepared
that none of them took me more than an hour and a half.
Now I look forward to taking your CPE Link courses.
Wouldn’t you like a tax course that’s makes you passionate about learning –
a course that you can actually enjoy – and understand?
TaxMama’s® EA Class News
What happens if you register now?
Everyone gets this nifty TaxMama bag to hold them all.
And other goodies. And…
1) You can replay the Orientation –
and Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About the EA Exam
2) You can replay all the Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 Sessions.
3) You can replay all the Final Review Sessions
4) You have access to all the TaxMama Roundtable replays or recordings.
5) You will be invited to this week’s classes:
October 26 – Reviewing Offers in Compromise Workpapers
October 28 – Making a Living as an EA
October 30 – Final Review Part 3 – Last session
6) Practice Building and Practice Management Tools
You will get access to all the valuable class materials, checklists,
forms and templates and topics you can look up in depth –
to use with your clients on extension – right now.
7) Ask your questions – LIVE
You get invited to TaxMama’s Monthly Tax Roundtables, where you
can bring up your client questions or just get clarification about law
changes as they come up. The next one is
November 18th at 8:00 am PT
8) Once the class is over, you will be invited to monthly live discussions
to keep your studies on track and answer your questions.
9) Shhh…don’t tell anyone. But TaxMama does help students with client problems.
It’s not really a part of the class. But I just can’t bear not to help my students.
DISCOUNTS from TaxMama’s® EA Exam Course
Sign up as a TaxMama Family Member first – THEN register for the EA Exam Course.
AccountingWeb.com is a full-resource
website for all accountants and tax professionals.
All tax professionals should be members of tax associations.
-->Join NAEA – get a 50% discount on new memberships.
If you are not an EA, you may join as an Associate Member
Print out the order form at
After you fill it in, cross out the $185 fee and replace it with $95.
Write “per J.G. and TaxMama” next to the $95 amount.
Note: You will also need to join the state chapter.
10% off – Discount Code: TaxMama
Register for TaxMama’s two courses
November 1 – IRS Practice Series: Hands-on Collections Workshop
by Eva Rosenberg, EA; Sonya Wilt, EA; Tom Buck, CPA
November 9, Doing Tax Research Online for Free by Eva Rosenberg, EA
November 11 – The Alien in America – by Roger B. Adams, EA
November 17 – Getting Ready for Tax Season by Eva Rosenberg, EA
Several completed courses are available as Self-Study Courses
or as Resources if you’re working on something and need guidance.
REGISTER NOW for the Self-Study Class –
you will be upgraded to the LIVE class for the rest of the sessions.
OR PAY OVER TIME – USE THE INSTALLMENT PAYMENT OPTION
The Self-Study class $865 – First payment is $295.00
with two additional payments of $285.00 each.
For more answers:
1) Questions people have been asking, from our last issues.
2) Answers about the EA Exam itself
3) Read the information on the site – www.irsexams.com
Or scroll down on this page to replay a mini-orientation class
Until next time,