FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- The examination is offered through a company called Prometric. The testing window starts on May 1st and closes at the end of the following February, each year. So, you have 10 months to take the exam each year.
- You can take each exam up to 4 times during the testing window, in case you don’t pass the first time. Yes, there is a separate fee each time.
- Depending on your location, the exam may be offered 6 or 7 days a week.
- You might not find a testing site near you. You may have to drive over 100 miles to sit for the exam. So be very careful. Before leaving on your journey, call the exam site and make sure they will be able to give you the exam. (There have been last-minute cancellations quite frequently in the last 3 years – especially when staff gets COVID19.)
- What if you don’t have time to pass all three exams this year? Two things to know:
- The IRS has granted you 3 years (instead of 2) to pass all three exams, because of all the COVID19 delays and closures
- You can come back to TaxMama®and attend classes for free, unless you unsubscribed from the class emails.
- YES. ALL students signed up for all three parts (Premium or On-Demand), will get all the15 hours needed for the Education Credit towards the AFSP Certificate of Completion (reduced requirements) . You will get at least 2 hours of Ethics, and 3 hours of Federal Tax Updates – along with more than 10 hours of federal tax courses.
- This depends on you – and the people who are studying at the same time as you. We provide you with an exclusive TaxMama® Facebook group where you can register and connect with other students and make study arrangements.. We also provide a friendly environment during the live classes, where you can get to know each other.
- You may also find that you will meet people with specific specialties that your clients need – or that need your special skills.
- You might even be hiring each other to consult or work with clients together.
- This is an excellent opportunity to study with, and get to know, other tax professionals around the country – and in some other countries.
- Lambers EA Review Test Preparation online access is included in each course – you have access until you pass
- Fast Forward EA Online Course access is included in the full PREMIUM course only (It is not included when you sign up for single parts) course – you have access until you pass
- The TaxBook WebLibrary online access is included the full PREMIUM course only (It is not included when you sign up for single parts) course – you have access until December of the following year
- Zoom – Live classes will take place in Zoom, which you can download as application to your computer, tablet or smartphone, or watch in your browser without having to download.
- For a complete materials list – click here
- YES. You will need a good noise cancelling headset with microphone. You don’t need anything fancy – this device (under $25) tends to work perfectly for our class. If the headset we recommend is not available – scroll down on the Amazon.com page and look for other options.
- Those of you who don’t have a specific audio card in your computer with a place to plug in the devices, consider getting devices with a USB plug. That way, even if you only have one USB port, you can use a USB hub with 4-7 sockets. They can be relatively cheap – or expensive – up to you. Usually, they are under $26.00.
Secret bonus Resource
To receive updated EA and course information:
Want to know more about becoming an Enrolled Agent?
Watch the video Below:
You can read the handout here (PDF)
ALL About the EA Exam
For everything else, our newsletter will keep you up-to-date.
The EA Exam consists of 3 parts.
2022 Class dates are:
Orientation: May 3 - 4:05 pm - 6 pm
Part 1 May 5 - June 11
Part 2 May 31 - August 9
Part 3 August 23 - October 8
Live Online Course
All classes meet at 4 - 6 pm on Tues/Thurs
and 8 am - noon Saturdays - Pacific Time