Registered Tax Return Preparer (RTRP) Course
- This is a 4-day course designed to help you prepare for the new IRS Examination for tax professionals.
- When you pass the exam, you will be able to use the Registered Tax Return Preparer (RTRP) designation.
- You may not use RTRP until you pass the exam.
- You may take the exam as often as you like, until you pass.
Note: This course is a REVIEW. It is designed to help you pass an exam.
It is not designed to teach you tax law.
If you want an in-depth course, please sign up for TaxMama’s EA Exam Review Course.
Session 1. Preliminary Work and Collection of Taxpayer Data
- About the Test
- Overview of the 1040 and Related Parts
- Exemptions and Filing Requirements
- Treatment of Income
Session 2. Treatment of Income and Assets
- Retirement Income
- Real and Personal Property
- Adjustments to Income
Session 3. Deductions and Credits and Other Taxes
- Itemized Deductions
- Other taxes
Session 4. Ethics
- Checking Return for Accuracy
- Practices and Procedures
- Ethics per Circular 230
- Final Testing Tips