Part 1 Course Dates – 2023
- Orientation is on Tuesday May 2, 2023 at 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm (PACIFIC)
- Part 1 Classes start Tuesday May 4th and run through June 10th
FOR 2023 CLASS DATES – CLICK HERE – Dates are subject to change
If dates are not compatible with your schedule, check out TaxMama’s® On-Demand – Self Study Course – it contains all the notes, handouts, and audio recordings of the live classes – but allows you to learn on your own time.
(Note: Since the On-Demand sessions are the recordings of the live classes – they are only updated after we teach the live classes.)
What You Will Learn:
The course will include TaxMama’s® special twists, teaching you more than tax law – you’ll learn:
- how to draw clients out and get information from them
- how to protect your practice from client conflicts and lawsuits
- how to maintain an ethical practice, in the face of client ‘persuasion’ to assist them in little falsehoods
- how to find loopholes to help cut taxes legally
- how to find the information you need to address a client’s issues and problems
- how to prepare an individual tax return – from inception to filing
- Personal attention from TaxMama® to guide you
- Study Buddies to work with
Materials For the Premium Course:
- Lambers Test Prep Software
- Fast Forward Academy EA Exam testing software (only with all three parts)
- Access to study buddies and study buddy teams
- Access to private FaceBook forum to interact and study with buddies
- The Tax Book WebLibrary (only with all three parts ordered)
- TaxMama’s® book Small Business Taxes Made Easy (for Part 2)
- Special tools and cheat sheets available nowhere else
Content and Additional Materials:
Premium students get to participate in all the live sessions of the course. Each session is recorded. Everyone gets these versions of the recordings:
- Both an audio and a visual replay of the actual session. The video of the course is available within a hour or less of completion.
- Access to the Lecture as a PDF file of the course before each class starts – so you can print them out and make notes – or make notes directly on the PDF, as we go along – or later, after the class.
- An MP3 AUDIO file of the recording that you can download and carry with you, within about 24 – 72 hours after the live session.
For folks whose schedules make it difficult to commit to specific times, this course is ideal because everything is recorded so you can watch or listen to it all, at your convenience. . If you can find a way to participate in, at least, some of the live classes, do it. That’s where all the fun and mischief happen.
Aside from the session recordings and lecture notes you are also provided with a wealth of books, software and additional services that will help you. TaxMama® Eva Rosenberg’s bestselling small business book is included in the price of registration along with Lambers, Fast Forward Academy, and the TaxBook WebLibrary and guides.COmplete materials list
You will get data from sample clients to input into your free software – or your own software. You will get profiles of three different clients, with different levels of complexity. All of them will address the Making the Work Pay issue.
- Simple – senior with dividends, interest , pension and Social Security
- Involved – Couple with children, 1 job and 1 student, owning a home, with child care, green issues
- Complex – Similar couple, with stock sales, employee business expenses and more
Note: We will not be covering clients with businesses or rentals.
Part 1 Lectures:
- Overview of Form 1040
- Dependents & Filing Requirements
- Itemized Deductions
- Adjustments to Income
- Credits and Other Taxes
- (a) – Tax Sample 1 – Nelson Puzzle
- (b) – Tax Sample 2 – Prize-Pulitzer
- Tax Sample 3 – Schwab
- Estate and Gift
- Capital Gains and Losses
- Sales and Exchanges
- International Taxation
Plus 4 4-hour Exam Review sessions
TaxMama® is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
In accordance with the standards of the National Registry for CPE Sponsors, CPE credits are granted based on a 50-Minute Hour.
NASBA Sponsor Identification #112311
IRS Course Provider #HCGAM-T